Foliar fertilization is the most effective way of providing plants with nutrients and microelements
- Conventional fertilization is focused on root application, but 95% of elements for the plant biomass are taken up through the leaves.
- CalsiFert® is an effective foliar fertilizer providing the plants with essential nutrients like calcium, silicium, magnesium and some microelements.
- The raw material of CalsiFert® is calcite, a 100% natural, sedimented mineral generated through calcification of algae with characteristic microelement content from a special mining of calcite in Turkey.
- CalsiFert® is a nature-friendly product micronized and activated using
the chemical-free DMT technology.
CalsiFert® applied in the form of 0.2% dispersion to leaves. (200 g in 100 liters of water)
CalsiFert® dispersion is sprayed in the form of a fine mist on plants only in the early morning or late afternoon.
PROPRIETARY PRODUCTION OF DMT TECHNOLOGY
- New approach towards micronization technology
- Ability to significantly reduce particle size and increase specific surface
- Treated material gains higher reactivity
- Better solubility; thus higher bio-efficacy
PROPRIETARY DMT MICRONIZED CALCITE
CHARACTERISTICS OF CALSIFERT
Calcium Oxide (CaO ), Silicium Dioxide (SiO2),
Magnesium Oxide (MgO) and Micro Nutrients
CALCIUM (Ca) and its function:
- Accelerates cell division
- Lowers the risk of frost
- Stimulates enzymes
- Accelerates germination
- Protects plants against some diseases
- Enhances cell and root development
- Enhances product durability and extends shelf life
- Promotes root growth, color, flavor, and quality
Why foliar application:
- Calcium is a stationary element both in soil and plants.
- Calcium uptake from roots is very low in soil applications. Therefore, foliar fertilization is the most efficient way of providing the plant with calcium.
- Calcium does not move from old to new plant tissues, and fruits. Therefore, foliar feeding is necessary during formation and development of fruits.
SILICIUM (Si) and its function:
- Protects plants against stress (diseases and pests, some elements in excess, too much salt etc.)
- Pests (insects) cannot penetrate the cuticula strengthened with silicon easily.
- Straightened leaves utilize light better and increase the rate of photosynthesis. This results in increased Brix.
- It is used as a fertilizer for paddy in Japan and Korea, and for other plants in Brazil, Australia, India, and S. Africa.
MAGNESIUM (Mg) and its function
- The outstanding role of magnesium in photosynthesis is as a constituent of the chlorophyll molecule.
- It is very mobile in plants, and translocated from older to younger leaves. So, deficiency symptoms appear first on the oldest tissues.
MODE OF ACTION
- CalsiFert® is micronized and activated powder with DMT technology.
- CalsiFert® is applied as % 0.2 dispersion and entering the leaves through the stomata.
- CalsiFert®‘s mechanism of action is very fast.
- All these nutrients are immediately available to the plants.
- The result is an increased photosynthesis and a strong and healthy growth of the plants.
- DMT processed nutriens are immediately available to the plants which is very essential for healthy growth.
- CalsiFert® particles enter the plants quickly through the stomata and are gradually split into Carbon dioxide (CO2), boosting photosynthesis, Calcium oxide (CaO) and Silicon dioxide (SiO2), very important nutrients in the vegetative phase for the growth of cells and for the protection against stress, Magnesium oxide (MgO) essential
for the formation of chlorophyll, and some trace elements.
- CalsiFert® s efficiently dissolved on the leaf surface (ph dependant) and passes cuticular membrane through areas with weakened hydrophobic interactions
- Major elements Ca2+ and H4SiO4 (orthosilicic acid), from CalsiFert® penetrate in cells by diffusion and contribute to enhanced chloroplast activity and membrane integrity
- Application is followed by marked increase in calcium and silicon cellular levels, leading to an increased photosynthetic activity and stress resistance
The Importance of CO2 In Plants
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) plays a very important role in the growth of plant and is one of the most important essential nutrients.
- All other nutrients or fertilizers are secondary. Without CO2 all other nutrients or fertilizers are of no use.
- Under present conditions they manage an up-take from the atmosphere of maximal 360-380 ppm. For an optimal photosynthesis and growth plants need a Carbon dioxide supply of about 1000 ppm.
- Carbon dioxide is the basic ‘food’ of nearly all plants.
- For a 300 ppm increase in the ambient CO2 concentration of the present level of about 380 ppm, the productivity of herbaceous plants rises by the order of 30-50% (Kimball, 1983, Idso, 1994)
- In addition, elevated ambient CO2 typically increases plant nutrient-use efficiency in general (nitrogen-use efficiency in particular), as well as water-use efficiency.
- Enlargement of chloroplasts (improvement of photosynthetic activity)
- Increased protein synthesis (increased metabolic activity)
- Increased amount of polyphenols
BETTER RESISTANCE AGAINST STRESS
Better resistance towards physiological stress (hydro, heat stress) due to antioxidant and water preserving activity of CalsiFert ®
- Increased growth speed
- Higher metabolic activity
- Increased fruit size
- More efficient nutrient transport
- Increased overall fruit yield
- Healthy seeds for the next crop
VICIOUS CYCLE OF CHEMICAL APPLICATION AND ATTRACTION OF PESTS
After applying CalsiFert® plants are well balanced in their pH value, increased nutrient uptake results in healthy plants which do not attract Pest and Disease. This observation has been seen and recorded in particular by the rice farmers.
CalsiFert® relieves the plants of all kinds of biotic and abiotic stress!
HIGH RESISTANCE AGAINST PEST
FIGHTS FUNGAL DISEASES
Chemical free Farming with CalsiFert®
These are typical Pest damages on cabbage and need no further explanation.
By applying CalsiFert® as replacement for chemical products, the result is a reduction of damages in cabbage of more than 80%!
Chemical free Farming
- Significant increase in dry matter content
- Prolonged freshness of fruit and transport resistance
- Increase in plant secondary metabolites (flavonoids, tannins, lignins, fatty acids)
- Increase in healthy nutrients content(vitamins, minerals, antioxidants,
good fatty acids) improved organoleptic qualities and coloration, better taste
- Higher BRIX value
INCREASED BRIX VALUE BY CalsiFert®
- Very strong and healthy growth
- Highly resistant plants against all kind of biotic and abiotic stress
- % 20 – 60 higher yield and top quality produce
- Reduced costs by saving of chemicals
- Higher income for the farmers
SUITS ALL VEGETABLES
USE IN RICE
USE IN CORN / MAIZE
USE IN BANANA
USE IN POTATO
USE IN TOBACCO